As a child you should never be left alone in a room with a burning candle, or a fire burning in a fireplace. There should always be an adult there to supervise.
If there is a fire burning in a fireplace or woodstove, remind Mom or Dad to close the glass doors, or put up the fire screen.
It's a good idea to stay a safe distance from a fireplace, in case a spark does manage to jump out.
Don't play near a fireplace or woodstove. They are extremely hot and if you touch or fall into it, you could burn yourself.
If you find matches or lighters left lying around, tell a grown up. Never play with them.
Copyright © 2007 Staying Alive Inc. All rights reserved. | tel:(807) 629-6824 | Site Map | firstname.lastname@example.org