Our curriculum has gone global!
Over the past year we have had requests for our Staying Alive Teaching Curriculum from around the world. Firefighters and educators from Greece, Japan, Holland, England, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Australia, India, Belgium, Scotland, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Ireland,Qatar, Portugal, Germany, South Africa, Norway, Malta, South Korea, Austria, Lebanon, New Zealand, France, Tasmania, Costa Rica and United Arab Emirates have already benefited from our curriculum packages, as have people right across Canada, from Greenwood, British Columbia to Oxford Nova Scotia. We are pleased to announce that our curriculum is in every state in the USA, the following are some of the numerous places that the curriculum is being utilized.
- Alabama: Birmingham, Falkville, Robertsdale
- Alaska: Dillingham, Juneau
- Arizona: Bullhead City, Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, Tucson
- Arkansas: Acton, Alma, Arkadelphia, Batavia, Batesville, Benton, Canehill, Clarksville, Compton, City of Hot Springs, Dierks, Fairfield Bay, Fayetteville, Flippin, Foreman, Gallatin, Greenbrier, Jefferson County, Jonesboro, Keiser, Lincoln, Little Rock, Magnolia, Mammoth Spring, Marshall, Melbourne, Midland, Mineral Springs, Mountain View, Newport, Paragould, Pottsville, Russellville, Seary, Washington County, Watson, West Helena, White Hall
- California: Bakersfield, Beverly Hills, Burbank, Corona, Folsom, Galt, Glendale, Glendora, Hemet, Hillsborough, Lafayette, Laguna Niguel, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Madera, Merced, National City, Oakland, Piedmont, Pollock Pines, Roseville, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Ana, Santa Rosa, Selma, Sherman Oaks, Stockton, Upland, Ventura, West Covina
- Colorado: Denver, Grand Junction, Montrose, Windsor
- Connecticut: Danbury, Fairfield, Hartford, Naugatuck, Simsbury
- Delaware: Bear, Milford, New Castle
- District of Columbia: Washington
- Florida: Bradenton, Clearwater, Deltona, Estero, Fort Pierce, Gainesville, Hialeah, Jacksonville, Melbourne, Orange County, Orlando, Palm City, Pembroke Pines, Quincy, St. Cloud, St Petersburg, Tallahassee, Tampa
- Georgia: Atlanta, Augusta, Cartersville, Dallas, Dalton, Douglas, Franklin, Gainesville, Macon, Martinez, Thomasville
- Hawaii: Honolulu
- Idaho: Boise, Moscow
- Illinois: Aurora, Bethany, Brownstown, Champaign, Charleston, Chicago, Hillsboro, New Lenox, Peoria, Trenton, West Point, Winthrop Harbor
- Indiana: Crawfordsville, Evansville, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Kendallville, Kingman, Michigan City, West Lafayette
- Iowa: Cedar Falls, Conrad, Des Moines, Grinnell, Grundy Center, Iowa City, Newton, North Liberty, Oelwein, Panora, River Valley
- Kansas: Manhattan, Olathe, Salina, Spring Hill, Wichita
- Kentucky: Central City, Madisonville, Mayking, Sullivan, Westview
- Louisiana: Delhi, Dunn, Haughton, Larose, Lockport, St. Amant, Starks, Vidalia, Warden
- Maine: Gardiner, Winthrop
- Maryland: Bel Air, Germantown, Hagerstown, Luke, Montgomery County, Showell
- Massachusetts: Boston, Fall River, Fitchburg, Harwich, Hudson, Lakeville, Marion, Rockland, Rutland
- Michigan: Attica, Clarkston, Corunna, Detroit, Goodrich, Hazel Park, Reed City, Utica
- Minnesota: Burnsville, Lonsdale, Loretto, Marine on St.Croix, Prior Lake, Saint Paul, Warren
- Mississippi: Louisville, Walls
- Missouri: Bolivar, Douglas County, Joplin, Rocheport, St. Louis
- Montana: Butte
- Nebraska: Genoa, Kearney, Lincoln, Omaha
- Nevada: Carson City, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas
- New Hampshire: Hudson
- New Jersey: Butler, East Brunswick, Lakehurst, Madison, Plainsboro, Westfield, Whitehouse Station
- New Mexico: Albuquerque, Taos
- New York: Albany, Cazenovia, Farmingdale, Ithaca, Johnson City, Lynbrook, Long Island, Lysander Fire Dist., Middletown, Montgomery, Nassau County, New York City, North Bellmore, Orchard Park, Poughkeepsie, Staten Island, Stuyvesant Falls, Westchester County, Williamsville
- North Carolina: Charlotte, Columbia, Conover, Currituck, Fayetteville, Forest City, Fort Bragg, Hope Mills, Monroe, Murphy, Raleigh, Spring Lake, Statesville, Swansboro, Tryon, Wilmington
- North Dakota: Bismarck, Cooperstown
- Ohio: Akron, Ashland, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Falls, Green Camp, Grove City, Hinckley, Howard, Medina, New Boston, Rocky River, St. Henry, Salem, Sandusky, Stow, Urbana, Vinton
- Oklahoma: Konawa, Tulsa
- Oregon: Salem, Portland
- Pennsylvania: Ambridge, Butler County, Collingdale, Downingtown, Dunbar, Forty Fort, Harrisburg, Lehighton, Manheim, Montgomery Township, New Buffalo, North East, Portage, Saylorsburg, Shamokin, Tamaqua, Valencia, Verona, Warren, Waynesburg, West Sunbury
- Rhode Island: Providence, Warwick
- South Carolina: Catawba, Greenwood, Olanta, Pendleton, Seneca, York
- South Dakota: Aberdeen, Warner
- Tennessee: Chattanooga, Clarksville, Gatlinburg, Greeneville, Hornbeak, Kingston, Knoxville, Morristown, Murfreesboro, Pigeon Forge, Red Boiling Springs, Sevierville, Sparta
- Texas: Archer City, Austin, Bastrop, Cleburne, Conroe, Crandall, Crosby, Dallas, Dickinson, El Paso, Fort Worth, Galveston, Groesbeck, Hawley, Hondo, Houston, La Porte, Round Rock, San Antonio, Sour Lake, Spring, North Zulch, Valley View
- Utah: Murray, Roy, Salt Lake City
- Vermont: Colchester
- Virginia: Barren Springs, Chesapeake, Hampton, King George, Newport News, Richmond, Virginia Beach
- Washington: Bellingham, Burien, Centralia, Long Beach, Maple Valley, Tacoma
- West Virginia: Shenandoah Junction, Spruce River, Sutton
- Wisconsin: Appleton, Eau Claire, Greendale, Kenosha, Madison, Milwaukee, Mindoro, Racine, Richland Center, Shorewood, South Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Wyoming: Medicine Bow
HELENSBURG RURAL FIRE BRIGADE introduces "The Great Escape" to Australia
Firefighter Marc Rayner from the Helensburg Rural Fire Brigade Wollongong District, NSW, AUSTRALIA has teamed up with Staying Alive Inc. Marc has distributed "The Great Escape" CD to every state in Australia. Thank you. Bravo!!! Now Australia is educating their children on fire safety in a fun way with the Fire Lobster, Mrs. Aboutfire and Flip.
The list is growing in Australia, the following are some of the Schools who have our CD.
NSW: Helensburgh Holy Cross School, Helensburgh Public School,Otford Public School, Stanwell Park Public School, St Patrick's Primary School Sutherland, Grafton Public School, Wagga Wagga Primary Public School, Nowra Public School, Cooma Public School, Albury Public School, North Albury Public school, Griffith Public School, St Alban's Primary. In Victoria it is Belgrave Public School, Menzie Creek Public School,Frentree Gully. In South Australia it is Gawler Public School, Murray Bridge Public School,Mount Barker Public School.
Check out www.bushfire.org.au for more information.
As well our curriculum has been featured on www.fireinternational.net. Staying Alive is dedicated to educating people of all ages about fire hazards and prevention. Here are just a few of the many comments that we've received from our many satisfied recipients.
Thank You for such a quick response. I've been reading portions of the curriculum and immediately realized what a great tool it will be for us. It will make our public ed. sessions interesting and easy to deliver even for someone who has never done it before.
We just wanted to send you a quick email to say a big THANKS for the Staying Alive Curriculum you emailed to us.
We found it EXTREMELY helpful in our studies and a wonderful resource we'll definitely put to good use during our teaching careers.
Thank-you for helping to educate Canada's children.
Thank you so much for providing this valuable service!
I'm a firefighter and a teacher in our local secondary
school. Your cd's are a hit! Our fire department wants to make your program a part of the regular curriculum in area schools.
Thank you for your note, and for sending the CD's and lesson plans. You've created an outstanding program. We're certainly pleased, and fortunate, to be able to share it with the kids in our area.
Thanks alot! great reading. I'm going to introduce your curriculum to our school. I think the upper grades will be able to do alot with it.
As someone who gives a lot of trainings I really appreciated the layout of your curriculum. It should be very easy for people to talk about fire safety. Not only do you provide the words to say, but activities to act out and worksheets to complete. Well done!This is my first time doing Fire Prevention for the School and your information is excellent. Thank You.
I have found your sight very interesting. Thanks for making information on fire safety so easily accessible.
Thank you so much this will really help me teach the class.
Thanks again for this quality curriculum. It will be used with up to 500 or more children and families a year.
"Fantastic, thank you".
So far your curriculum has helped me immensely. I love the fact that this is a free curriculum. Thank you for all the assistance you have given me so far!
Thank you, so much. This curriculum has helped me with developing our new public education program.
Thank You very much, I have been going over the program you sent me and I think its great. Thanks again.
"Thank you so much for sending me the fire safety curriculum so quickly. It will be very helpful to me."
I appreciate your dedication and educational outreach on the issue of fire safety. Thank you!
"I'm sure that the curriculum is very interesting for children."
"You have done a great job in fire safety education, keep going!"
"It's really top shelf. We incorporate those age groups in our presentations."
I'm sure I'll be able to find quite a bit to use for my lessons. Thank you very much.
Thank You for the fire safety curriculum. We all will greatly appreciate it.
Thanks so much for your prompt sending of your information package. It looks outstanding and I can't wait to put some of it to use.
I am writing to say thank you for sending us the fire safety curriculum a few months ago. Although most of it was, for us, above age level, certainly the section for kindergarten was very useful. In fact, it turned out to be one of the best and most informative units we've had this school year.
Thanks for your quick response in sending the Staying Alive curriculum. I downloaded the modules for K-6 and will share them with classroom teachers. They look easy to use and informative. Thanks for all your help!
"Thank-you very very much!!!"